Seiko Prospex LX Line
The Seiko Prospex LX Line is a sports watch collection that continues to impress watchmakers and diver’s watch enthusiasts alike. The Seiko Prospex LX Line features spring drive technology, automatic winding, and a quartz oscillator to deliver ultimate precision. The Seiko Prospex LX watch is built to be impermeable to helium and constructed to withstand the harshest underwater conditions. It can be tough to find Seiko Prospex LX Line luxury watches for sale. If you are trying to find the best place to buy Seiko Prospex LX Line watches, let Exquisite Timepieces help. Exquisite Timepieces can connect luxury watch admirers and collectors to the top diver’s watch brands around. Exquisite Timepieces is a Seiko Prospex LX Line authorized dealer.
Get a FREE Watch Winder with your purchase of selected Seiko Prospex LX watches over $2,000. Learn More »
More on Seiko Prospex LX Line
Seiko Prospex LX Watches
How Seiko Prospex LX was started
The Seiko LX line is a peculiar and distinct collection of Seiko watches. If you thought the LX in its name stands for luxury, you wouldn’t have been far off the point. The LX comes from the Latin word ‘lux’ meaning light, which Seiko subtly depicted in the glamorous way light reflects on the flat, wide surfaces of the case. The Seiko Prospex LX line is one of Seiko’s most coveted collections due to its efficiency, ruggedness, and purpose-filled action. The Seiko LX resurrects Seiko’s vintage era in its new collection built for sport on land, in the sky, and deep in the sea. Meet Seiko’s LX Line, a timepiece designed with Spring Drive movements, at the same time offering compass, diving, and GMT options.
The History Behind the Seiko Prospex LX line.
Seiko LX’s design revives Seiko’s heritage and mimics the look of the 1968 professional Diver. For watch enthusiasts, the design of the Prospex LX line is both modern and well recognized.
Seiko’s LX line was designed in collaboration with The Seiko Prospex LX line was developed in collaboration with the Japanese legend Ken Okuyama Design – the creative mastermind behind the design of various Ferrari cars, the most notable being the Ferrari Enzo. He was also the lead in designing the first generation of Honda NSX and Shinkansen – Japan’s high-speed train. Ken Okuyama chose to divert his creative mind to the watch world, and this gave birth to the Seiko LX line, a collection that showcases the simplicity, power, harmony, and integrity of Seiko.
The new Seiko Prospex LX Line features three exclusive models, with all of them manufactured in two versions. The new models of the Seiko Prospex LX line sow similarity with their powerful 72-hour reserve, the precision of ±1 second per day and display hours, minutes, seconds, and date.
Seiko provides something for every watch wearer; its distinct technology blends both excellent mechanical calibers with GPS-enabled solar-powered quartz.
What is Special About Seiko LX Watches?
Seiko releases limited editions when appropriate. Over the years, its evolution in design, function, and ability to survive extreme conditions has attained the timepiece of its deserved praise from professional divers. The Seiko LX line is one of a kind, the case of these Seiko Prospex LX watches is Spring Drive technology, which features, automatic winding, a modern mechanical base, and an extremely accurate quartz oscillator. Although the Seiko brand is diverse, there are many similar qualities in their collections.
Value: Whether you choose to buy a Seiko LX Prospex SNR02 for a few thousand dollars, or you decide to go for the Seiko LX Prospex SNR041 Violet Gold Limited Edition, you’ll be getting an excellent value for your price.
In-House Movement: Seiko manufactures its movements. As a watch collector you are able to acquire a true manufacture movement at a wonderful value. Your new Seiko LX will have an in-house caliber that is sure to earn you respect from watch enthusiasts.
Quality: Even the less notable Seiko’s are well designed with features that will surpass its price value when compared to other brands.
Impermeability: For divers going to the unexplored depths of the sea, helium can be a problem for their watches. The gas enters the glass, and the difference in internal air pressure can cause the glass to shatter. Most watchmakers tried to counter this problem by creating valves that dispel the helium, Seiko LX line use a glass that is impermeable to helium.
Seiko Prospex LX Models
- Seiko Prospex LX SNR041 Violet Gold Limited Edition - The Seiko prospex LX displays the Latin meaning in the LX line to design this limited-edition timepiece.
The SNR041 showcases the effect of the morning sun on the surface of the sea on its violet gold dial and diverging scale. Unlike previous Seiko models, this LX timepiece can withstand harsh conditions up to a depth of 300m. The hands are gold with a fluorescent marker set and smooth Lumibrite finish. The titanium case and strap are not that different from the previous Seiko models; however, these are ingrained with the words “Limited Edition.”
Only 200 units of this sports watch were produced. The SNR041 features high precision of +/- 1 second per day or +/- 15 seconds per month and a powerful 5R65 72-hour reserve.
- Seiko Prospex LX SNR043 Platinum Limited Edition - Unlike the Violet gold limited edition that displays the effect of the sun, the Seiko LX Prospex Platinum color model depicts the flickering reflections of the moonlight on the sea surface.
Cermet material is used for the bezel to pull off the reflections of delicate moonlight. The exterior of the case is polished with Zaratsu material that is resistant to scratches.
The Seiko LX prospex SNR043 has a low center of gravity very close to the skin that enhances the beauty of the cases’ design and makes the watch sit comfortably on any wearer’s wrist.
- Seiko Prospex LX SNR025 - The Seiko LX prospex SNR025 showcases its mechanical prowess and design with its faultless movement, unique finished case, and strap. Even to a new watch enthusiast, it is easy to notice the amount of work Seiko LX manufacturers put in its titanium case. The SNR025 timepiece features a power reserve counter, DiaShield, date, and GMT function. SNR025 is equipped with a smooth and broad titanium surface that keeps it lightweight and extremely comfortable. The titanium case is 44.8mm wide and has a thickness of 14.7mm, smoothly finished with high-end Zaratsu polishing.
- Seiko Prospex LX SNR031 - The Seiko SNR031 is a dive watch with enhanced water resistance up to 300m. It has a unidirectional bezel that indicates the length of its unique dial. The Seiko LX prospex mimics the signature Seiko style with its typical diving indexes and hands.
The timepiece has a ceramic bezel that contains a 60- minute scale. The Seiko LX prospex dial does not have a second time-zone indication.
- Seiko Prospex LX SNR033 - The Seiko LX Prospex SNR033 is a timepiece that features a peculiar dial that offers enhanced legibility with its GMT indication visible in yellow and contrasting hands –The high visibility helps the order calculations with the bi-directional compass bezel, which is made from engraved titanium.
- Seiko Prospex LX SNR035 - The Seiko LX Prospex is made from titanium with an ultra-hard coating. This timepiece features a large 44.8mm case, a powerful Spring Drive Caliber, and a soft crocodile strap that makes it extra comfortable to wear. All versions come with large 44.8mm cases. The Seiko LX Prospex is slightly thicker than previous versions, due to its increased water-resistance. It boasts of a power reserve of 72 hours (3 days) and a precision of ±1 second per day (±15 seconds per month).
- Seiko Prospex LX SNR027 - Powered by The Seiko’s revered spring drive GMT movement 5R66, the Seiko Prospex LX SNR027J1 has a power reserve of 3 days (72 hours) and precision of ±1 second per day. The SNR027 timepiece has a full black look that is complemented with its black leather strap and black titanium Seiko signed clasp. If you are an amateur in the watch world or even a seasoned watch enthusiast, Seiko’s LX Prospex SNR027 is the ultimate choice for a sports watch.
- Seiko Prospex LX SNR029 - Unlike the SNR027, the uni-directional bezel of the Seiko Prospex LX SNR029 is not made with ceramic; instead, the SNR029’s bezel is made of titanium, finished with a high glossy inlay. For enhanced visibility in low light conditions, Seiko LX prospex added a luminous dot to the 60-minute marker. Seiko used their specially made Lumibrite as the luminous material for the hour markers and hands, which tend to produce a more visible effect when compared with watches that use Super-LumiNova as the luminescent material. Along with the all-black version SNR031, the SNR029 model is one of the cleanest of the LX series, because they have no unnecessary extra GMT hand and time-zone scale.
Price of the Seiko Prospex LX Line
The effect the Seiko LX brand has on the world of watch-making is unarguable. Its reach and diversity are unparalleled. It is considered one of the best watch brands. The price of the various collections of Seiko’s vary, from the Seiko Prospex LX SNR029 watch to the Seiko LX prospex SNR025 costing five figures, you are sure you are getting quality for your money.
Brand Review Wrap-Up: Seiko LX Watches
The Seiko LX line has always displayed its peculiar design, functionality, character, and of recent, its high power calibers. The luxurious Seiko LX watch comes at an excellent price when compared to other watch brands. Its mechanical prowess is unrivaled. We can be sure Okuyama satisfied the appetites of many watch enthusiasts and critics with his decision to create a timepiece that resurrects one of Seiko’s most notable timepieces. With more limited editions with vintage references coming out, keep your eyes glued to this website for updates and new exclusive releases.