More on ZRC Watches
ZRC is a brand of luxury Swiss watches. Founded in 1904, it has established a name for itself due to its exceptional quality, materials, and precision in assembling.
The brand was founded in Geneva by partners edmond Zuccolo and Joseph Rochet and it quickly started gaining recognition. In 1917, it won the Geneva Grand Prix for Industry Innovation. In 1960, the company developed the first watch in what would later prove to be one of its most famous series: the ZRC Grands Fonds 300m, which was granted approval by the prestigious French Navy. At their request, ZRC subsequently released a modified version of this watch in 1964 to meet the requirements of use by underwater divers.
By 1970, ZRC Grands Fonds 300m had been adopted by not only the French Navy, but also by the Paris fire service and the French water skiing team, as well as the Italian Navy. The watch, designed specifically for underwater divers, was also adopted by non-military units that were supported by the French Navy.
Within the French Navy, the watch was used by prestigious units such as the French Navy Diving School, the French Navy Mine Clearance Divers, and the French Navy Commando Hubert, which remains the only combat diving unit of the French Navy.
In 2004, ZRC celebrated a hundred years of excellence and customer trust. To mark the event, a keynote address was given by founder Joseph Rochet's grandson, Patrick Brunet. Then in 2014, Rochet's great grandsons Georges and Charles Brunet launched a reissue of the Grands Fonds 300m series: the ZRC GF300.
In 2016, the company launched a limited series of 50 ZRC-FOST watches, dedicated to the Oceanic Strategic Force submariners of the French Navy.
ZRC's watches are designed specifically to be waterproof and resist underwater pressure. According to the company's website, the watches use “an exclusive system consisting of a canon cut from a single block.” The Grands Fonds 300m in particular is “the first and only watch to be equipped with a 100% monobloc case... machined in a particular type of steel reinforced with molybdenum that is completely antimagnetic.” One unique feature of ZRC watches is that in order to meet the requirements of underwater divers, the crown is at 6 o'clock rather than at 3 o'clock as with standard watches.
ZRC has three trademark series:
- The 1964 French Navy Reissue
- The 1964 Spirit
- Grands Fonds 3000
1964 French Navy Reissue
- The first watch in this series is the ZRC Geneve SA 1964 "French Navy" Reissue GF40163. The case, 40.5 mm wide, is made of Nonmagnetic 316L Steel. The case back is solid and the watch uses a sapphire crystal. The dial colour is black and the hands of the watch are luminous. The bracelet strap is made of a stainless steel metal band equipped with an expandable link for both normal and dive use. The watch has a 300m underwater resistance and comes with full factory warranty. RC Geneve SA 1964 "French Navy" Reissue GF40163 is available on the online store exquisite Time Pieces for $3,510.
- The second watch in this series is the model ZRC Geneve SA 1964 "French Navy" Reissue Militaria GF40188. Like the first model, the case is made of Nonmagnetic 316L Steel and is 40.5 mm wide. This model also uses a sapphire crystal and has a 300m water resistance. However, the bracelet strap is made of rubber and is compatible with both single and butterfly buckles. The clasp type is steel buckle. This model also comes with a full factory warranty. ZRC Geneve SA 1964 "French Navy" Reissue Militaria GF40188 is available on exquisite Time Pieces for $2,690.
- The third watch in this series is ZRC Geneve SA 1964 "French Navy" Reissue GF40178. Like other models, it also has a solid case back with a case width of 40.5 mm. This case is also made of Nonmagnetic 316L Steel and is full black with luminous hands. The unique feature of this model is the exclusive two piece NATO strap which automatically adjusts to the wearer's wrist for maximum comfort. Like the others, this model has an underwater resistance of 300m and comes with a full factory warranty. It is available on exquisite Time Pieces for $3,400.
In addition to these three models, exquisite Time Pieces also has:
- ZRC Geneve SA 1964 "French Navy" Reissue GF40203 | Available for $3,730
- ZRC Geneve SA 1964 "French Navy" Reissue GF40148 | Available for $2,850
ZRC 1964 Spirit
- The first model in this series is the ZRC 1964 Spirit GF40213. Much like the 1964 French Navy Reissue models, this watch is made of Nonmagnetic 316L Steel. The crown, situated at 6 o'clock, is screwed and the watch face is sapphire crystal.
The bracelet strap is a stainless steel metal band with an expandable link which comes with an exclusive ZRC strap. This watch has a full factory warranty and is available on exquisite Time Pieces for $3,840.
- The second model in this series is the ZRC 1964 Spirit GF40225. Similar to the first model in most characteristics, this model's unique feature is its full black colour with a leather strap that comes with an automatic sizing folding buckle. ZRC 1964 Spirit GF40225 is available on exquisite Time Pieces for $3,400.
Other models in this series are:
- ZRC 1964 Spirit GF40218 (comes with a synthetic NATO strap) | Available for $3,070
- ZRC 1964 Spirit GF40215 (leather strap) | Available for $3,290
ZRC Grands Fonds 3000
- In this last series of ZRC watches, the first model is the ZRC GF 3000 Titanium Satin GF50608. Different than previous series, this watch consists of a Titanium grade II - 316L shielded case back with a 42mm case width. The dial colour is blue with luminous hands. The bracelet strap is made of rubber with a titanium tongue buckle clasp. This watch has an underwater resistance of 5000m and is available on exquisite Time Pieces for $4,400.
Other models in this series are:
- ZRC Geneve SA GF 3000 Titanium Sand GF50618 | Available for $4,400
- ZRC GF 3000 Titanium Sand DLC GF50678 (with a black case and dial colour) | Available for $4,940