Jaquet Droz The Charming Bird J031534240
Multiple Financing Options
Finance your new timepiece, we offer two online (available in the payment selection during check out) and one in-store/over the phone financing options. Read more»
Limited Edition of 28 Pieces
At the heart of the legend created by Pierre Jaquet-Droz in his manufactory in La Chaux-de-Fonds, birds play an enchanting role in these legendary timepieces. Whether purely decorative or conceived as genuine singing automata, they have been part of the brand's creative adventure for nearly three centuries and now continue to delight of each of their admirers. With the Charming Bird, Jaquet Droz invites you to enter a universe steeped in history, beauty and technology.
This ground-breaking timepiece reveals a modern, pared-down aesthetic, in which we find a miniature singing bird ensconced in a 47 mm-diameter case with a determinedly contemporary look featuring black, anthracite and transparent elements. The case combines a sober design with a dome-shaped sapphire crystal specially conceived to enhance the effect of each ray of light that passes through it.
The artisans of the Jaquet Droz Ateliers d'Art spend over twenty hours fashioning each songbird. First the bird's feathers, head and exquisitely delicate tail are engraved in an exacting stage that demands total accuracy and concentration from the artisan. Then the painter adds a final touch of finesse, contrasting tiny strokes of color with the black and anthracite lines of the dial.
This miniaturization process (for which a patent has been filed) creates tiny pistons that pump the air, store it and produce the sound. The exact sound it makes is dependent on the speed of the piston and the shape of the bellows opening.
|18-carat white gold case
|Exhibition Case Back
|Sapphire crystal dial with platinum Roman numerals
|Jaquet Droz 615
|Rolled-edge hand made black alligator leather strap with black alligator leather lining and black stitches
|18-carat white gold prestige folding clasp
- Our store is a brick and mortar store located in Naples, Florida.
- We are Authorized Dealers of more than 40 Watch Brands.
- Full Factory Warranty (1 to 5 years, for brand new watches only).
- We ONLY sell 100% Original Watches.
- We are specialist, 20+ years in the Watch Industry.
- FREE* winder on purchases over $2,000.
- FREE Insured Shipping for products over $1,000.
- Global Shipping.
- We are members of Jewelers of America.
- Your information is safe, we don't store or share your information. We use 256 bit SSL technology to encrypt your data.
- We are members of Better Business Bureau® A+++
- We accept trades.
- Click here check what our customers say.
US Shipping: FedEx 2-Day Delivery.
- Orders over $1,000: Free
- Orders under $1,000: $35
- Optional: FedEx Overnight Shipping - additional charges apply.
International Shipping: FedEx (3 - 7 days)
Cost: Varies based on country. We will inform you of the shipping cost before purchase.
All watches are fully insured during transit until it is delivered to you, at no extra cost to you.