Louis Moinet Geograph Globe
Multiple Financing Options
Finance your new timepiece, we offer two online (available in the payment selection during check out) and one in-store/over the phone financing options. Read more»
This timepiece is currently sold out. If you would like to be notified when this piece is back in stock leave us your Name, Email, and Phone (optional) below.
The Geograph Globe is poised to be the successor to the Rainforest limited edition, which has almost completely sold out. The piece features two incredibly slim aventurine dials – o.5 mm thick – on which any work is a perilous exercice. Just sixty such watches will be made.The Geograph is one of the timepieces which have created the Louis Moinet ethos, boasting the three essential characteristics in this respect: a chronograph; a powerful, creative style; and dials made out of a rare mineral. These three components were the starting-point for Louis Moinet, and they are coming into play once again with the Geograph to write a fresh page in the firm’s history with a new version: the Geograph Globe.
The Geograph Globe is even more exclusive than its predecessor: just 60 pieces. The dial counters are made of aventurine. This will be only the third time in the history of Ateliers Louis Moinet that aventurine has been used, following on from the AstroMoon Tourbillon and the Stardance.
Aventurine is a delightful serendipity: in the seventeenth century, glass-blowers scattered shards of metal in their glass. The unexpected result created quite a stir in royal courts – and at the great glass manufacturers, particularly at Murano.
Today, there are hardly any craftsmen who make it. Louis Moinet has been working with a few rare samples from the personal collection of Daniel Haas – the man already behind the Louis Moinet dials made from cosmic materials, comets and stardust.
An intricate craft
For the Geograph Globe, the two aventurine chronograph counters are no more than half a millimetre thick. Working on them is an exceedingly delicate task; it is not unusual to go through five before achieving a single perfect result.
|Case Back||Exhibition caseback|
|Functions||Hours, Minutes, Seconds, Date, GMT|
|Water Resistance||50 meters|
- Our store is a brick and mortar store located in Naples, Florida.
- We are Authorized Dealers of more than 40 Watch Brands.
- Full Factory Warranty (1 to 5 years, for brand new watches only).
- We ONLY sell 100% Original Watches.
- We are specialist, 20+ years in the Watch Industry.
- FREE* winder on purchases over $2,000.
- FREE Insured Shipping for products over $1,000.
- Global Shipping.
- We are members of Jewelers of America.
- Your information is safe, we don't store or share your information. We use 256 bit SSL technology to encrypt your data.
- We are members of Better Business Bureau® A+++
- We accept trades.
- Click here check what our customers say.
US Shipping: FedEx 2-Day Delivery.
- Orders over $1,000: Free
- Orders under $1,000: $35
- Optional: FedEx Overnight Shipping - additional charges apply.
International Shipping: FedEx (3 - 7 days)
Cost: Varies based on country. We will inform you of the shipping cost before purchase.
All watches are fully insured during transit until it is delivered to you, at no extra cost to you.